Stats

• 4114 total miles were pedaled

• I did 53 days of cycling with 4 off days

• My daily average was 76 miles/day, and I rode 3 centuries

• My longest day by mileage was 125.51 miles

• My shortest day by  mileage was 33.67 miles

• My total cycling time was 382 hours 39 minutes

• My average daily cycling time was 7:13 per day

• My longest day by time was 10:21

• My shortest day by time was 3:07

• My earliest start was 5:50 AM

• My latest start was 10:45 AM

• My earliest finish was 11:26 AM

• My latest finish was 11:54 PM

• My bike plus gear and water weighed 93 lbs

• I rode through 15 states: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon

• The highest point of the trip was the summit of Rogers Pass at 5,610 ft 

• I accumulated 103,359 feet of climbing coast to coast

• The average daily ascent was 1950 feet

• The highest daily ascent was 5514 feet on day #5 in Pennsylvania

• The lowest daily ascent was 185 feet on day #26 in North Dakota

• My favorite part of the trip was Rogers Pass over the Continental Divide

• My second favorite part of the trip was Lolo Pass off-road

• My best story was the hail storm outside of New Salem, ND

• I had 1 flat tire

• I broke 1 spoke and I wore through 1 rear wheel, 1 set of tires, 1 chain, 1 rear gear cable, and 1 water bottle

• I rode through rain 6 different days, and it was worse at the beginning of the trip

• There were three major hail storms and I got caught in one

• I spent 26 nights in a campground/city park (with 6 campground sneak-ins)

• I stealth camped 12 nights

• I spent 10 nights in a hotel

• I spent 6 nights at a friend/family’s house

• I spent 2 night in bike hostels

• I slept in my tent 38 nights

• I slept in a bed 18 nights

• 22 male touring cyclists were documented (including Myk and Henry, but not myself)

• 10 female touring cyclists were documented (including Linda)

• Of the touring cyclists, 8 were solo male (not including myself) and 2 were solo female

• I rode down 6 loose-gravel roads in addition to an entire day on a dirt/gravel trail

• I was blessed by 2 Trail Angels

• 17 road kill animals were documented (dozens seen)

• I was agitated by 5 aggressive drivers

• 10 confederate flags were documented

• 5 open-carry guns in holsters were documented

• 1 meth prevention billboard was documented

• 5 bible verse billboards were documented

• 1 militia training camps was documented (numerous shooting ranges heard)

• 3 anti-abortion signs were documented (numerous seen)

• Wildlife documented: deer, antelope, elk, squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies, mice, otter, weasel, gophers, beavers, raccoons, wild turkeys, geese, cranes, osprey, crows, bald eagles, mallards, orioles, blue jays, pelicans, western sandpipers, robins, pheasants, red-tipped blackbirds, black eagles, groundhogs, weed badgers, prairie dogs, turtles, black snakes, seagulls

• Greenway Trails: East River Bike Path, Hudson River Bike Trail, Orange Heritage Trail, Three Rivers Bicycle Trail, Panhandle Trail, Wheeling Heritage Trail, Newark Trail, TJ Evans Trail, Big Walnut Trail, Chipmunk Chatter Trail, Olentangy trail, Ohio Erie path, Scioto trail, Camp Chase trail, Prairie Grass Trail, Little Miami Scenic Trail, Creekside Trail, Wolf Creek Trail, Cardinal Greenway Trail, Sweetser Switch Trail, Converse Junction Trail, Nickel Plate Trail, Bud Hendrickson Nature Trail, Great River State Trail,  St. Croix River Crossing Loop Trail, Lake Wobegon Trail, Central Lakes State Trail, Riverside Trail, River's Edge Trail, Bitteroot Trail, Lewiston Levee Parkway Trail, Historic Columbia River State Trail, Marine Drive Trail, Carey Crossing Trail, Astoria River Trail

• Beer sampled: Fat Tire, Stella, Sam Adams, Brooklyn Lager, Yuengling, Dogfish Head IPA, Helicon Brewery Helles Lager, Blue Moon, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Pollinator Honey Wheat Ale, Modelo, Leinenkugel Honey Weiss, Goose Island IPA, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, New Glarus Brewing Company Moon Man IPA, Lift Bridge Elevated Amber, Grain Belt Nordeast American Amber Lager, Starry Eyed Double IPAs, Finnegan's Amber, Toppling Goliath, Voyageur Boundary Waters American Brown Ale, Utepils Plaid Bikini Summer Wheat, Steel Toe Brewing Barrel Aged Dissent, Bent Paddle Barrel Aged Extra Baked, Surly Furious, Castle Danger Cream Ale, DCR Bronze Axe, Drekker Hell Bent American Brown Ale, Fargo Brewing Stones Throw, Dos Equis, Alaskan Amber, Laughing Sun Lovely Rita, Budweiser, Laughing Sun Sinister, Phat Fish Roosevelt Red, Beaver Creek Amber, Überbrew White Noise, Angry Hank's Street Fight Amber Ale, Madison River Salmon Fly Honey Rye, Big Spring Scottish Ale, Harvest Moon Charlie Russell Red, Smoke Jumper Scotch Ale, Negro Modelo, Ozone Amber, Highlander Devils Hump, KettleHouse Cold Smoke Scotch Ale, Tamarack Yard Sale Amber, No-Li Porch Glow Amber, Riverport River Rat Red, Ice Harbor Tangerine Hefeweizen, Yakima Wizard IPA, Coors Light, Oakshire Amber Ale, Dual Eagle Amber, Deschutes Pale Ale, Mac & Jack African Amber, Breakside Wonderlust IPA, Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Big Bend Hefeweizen


⥢ prev -home- next ⥤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid Cross Day #1 Brooklyn, NY to Chester, NY

Covid Cross Day #14 Courter, IN to Ashkum, IL

Covid Cross Day #8 Noblestown, PA to Barkcamp State Park, OH