Off Day in Fort Thomas, KY

June 12, 2020
Off Day in Fort Thomas, KY 

I slept well last night in a bed at my uncle Herbie's house in Ft. Thomas. I woke up around 7 AM and edited a blog post before having breakfast with Herbie. I had two bowls of cornflakes with sliced bananas, orange juice, and instant coffee. Afterwards  we sat down in his office where we proceeded to figure out and complete my mother's 2019 tax returns. It was a long frustrating couple of hours. We took a break for ham sandwiches and cokes. Being in front of a computer for several hours doing taxes made me look forward to getting back out on the road. I stuck my dirty clothing, including my disgusting cycling gloves, in Herbie's washing machine. I also packed up all my dry camping equipment.

After our work was finished we drove to the store and purchased wine and beer for my mom’s 6 PM memorial service. We stopped back at the house so that I could put my clothes in the dryer. We arrived at the church at five minutes before 6 PM, and my mom‘s friends were already waiting in the parking lot. Herbie and I put on our masks and walked with the cooler over to the courtyard where heartfelt words were said about my mother. Afterwords Herbie and I went over to my mom's friend Jill‘s house where Jill, Su, Herbie and I sat out on the back porch and ate Indian food. I drank numerous bottles of Sam Adams. It was a great opportunity to come to terms with the loss of my mom.

My laundry was dry wen we got back to Herbie's house. I organized and packed everything and realized that one of my socks was missing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid Cross Day #1 Brooklyn, NY to Chester, NY

Covid Cross Day #14 Courter, IN to Ashkum, IL

Covid Cross Day #8 Noblestown, PA to Barkcamp State Park, OH