Covid Cross Day #53 Goble, OR to Portland, OR

Covid Cross Day #53
July 27, 2020
Goble, OR to Portland, OR 38 Miles
Start 7:37 AM Finish 11:26 AM
Ride Time 3:06
Ascent 439 Feet
Descent 335 Feet
Tour Total 4114 Miles

I slept great last night at the Goble Landing RV park alongside the Columbia River. After numerous pints of Hefeweizen at the Historic Goble Tavern, I rode back to the RV park, showered, and climbed into my tent. 

This morning I realized that the grass area where I was told to pitch my tent was also the pet relief area. A sign asked humans to pick up after their pets. I noticed several small turds that I hopefully didn’t step on or track back to Portland. Speaking of turds there was a TURD flag flying the back of an old broken down pickup truck in the RV park. These people like to imagine themselves leading the Calvary. Many of the RV residents seemed to live here full time. I finished my cherries before getting on the road. I retraced my route as I pedaled east. 

I was hoping to grab breakfast in Scappoose, but Ichabod's was closed on Mondays and there weren't many options. I found Bamford Bake Shop, where I ordered a caramel roll, cappuccino, and orange juice. I sat at a small metal table out front. Afterwards, I pedaled back past the giant Scappoose candle.

I rode by Sauvie Island where my friends from last night had told me was a nude beach. It was another four miles to the Saint Johns Bridge. I passed a Welcome to Portland sign. Portland billed itself as The City That Works.

I crossed back over the St. Johns Bridge. It was hot and hazy and I could barely see Mt. Hood in the distance. Uncle Taco was waiting for me as I pulled into his driveway. The tour was now over.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid Cross Day #1 Brooklyn, NY to Chester, NY

Covid Cross Day #14 Courter, IN to Ashkum, IL

Covid Cross Day #8 Noblestown, PA to Barkcamp State Park, OH